At Best Skin, the privacy of your personal information is important to us. We are committed to providing you with an experience on all of our sites and services that is safe, secure and trustworthy.
We work hard to be transparent about what Personal Information we collect and process, while striving to use clear and direct language to describe our privacy practices to help you make informed decisions.
In order to personalize and improve your experience, Best Skin collects, processes and stores your Personal Information as you use our websites, mobile apps, social media pages and services and those of our brands that link to this policy (collectively, the “Best Skin Properties”). “Personal Information” is information that can identify you, such as your name, email or street address, or it may be information that could reasonably be linked back to you.
This Privacy Statement describes our practices for collecting, storing and processing your Personal Information and the controls we provide you to manage it within our Services.
By visiting and/or using any of the Best Skin Properties, you consent to the practices described in this Privacy Statement . If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should contact Best Skin by e-mail at bestskin.in/contact-us.
We collect the following information:
- Contact and Account Information: Your name, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, date of birth, username, password and any other contact and/or Account information that you provide us either through our Website, our events or in-store;
- Service Provider Information: Information about the mobile or internet service provider you are using with your device to access the Website and/or send us messages. , including name and the
- Messages: The date, time and content of any messages you send to us;
- Payment Information: Credit/debit card and other billing information, including cardholder transaction data, card numbers, expiration dates, billing addresses and CVV codes;
- Technical Information:
- IP address and other technical information collected from the servers utilized by you or your vendors, such as information and data that is automatically collected upon visiting the Website (i.e., webpage http headers (home server domain names, internet protocol address, operating system type, browser type and language) and information on what pages you access on and other information about the way(s) in which you use the Website).
- Information provided on any application (including the App) or authorization, such as your location, your handset type, your UDID (unique handset code) and any other information you or your mobile device provides to us;
- Other: Other information you provide to us when you use the Website or otherwise interact with us.
- Information listed above which we aggregate and/or anonymize so that it is not linked to you.
How Information is Collected
We collect information through one or more of the following ways:
- the completion of electronic forms found on the Website or on a third party-hosted website, whether via computer or mobile device;
- the completion of paper forms provided to us;
- SMS (Short Message Service) messages sent via cell phone, or through email and other communications;
- telephone calls made to us, or vice versa;
- referring websites or third parties, including social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+ and others including by virtue of advertisements placed by us on websites maintained by those third parties;
- our affiliates;
- the maintenance and analysis of Website server logs;
- events that we host or by visiting our stores; and
- “cookies” (small text files placed by us on your computer(s)), single pixel GIF image files (also called “Web beacons”), Website server log analysis and other similar technological means. See “Use of Web Technologies” Section below.
Location information: We collect information about your location based on:
- derivations made from the IP address from which you connect; and
- if you consent (by accepting on your mobile operating system), the Global Positioning System (GPS) of your device when the App is running in the foreground (together, “Location Information”).
We (and our service providers) use your Location Information to provide you with customised nearby services or value-added services (including marketing) that we think you’d like. Where possible, we may also use Location Information to enhance or localise content and services that you use. If you do not wish to share your GPS location with us, you can switch off GPS functionality on your mobile device. If you otherwise wish to withdraw you consent to us using cell ID data and GPS data, email us at https://cbslifestylist.com/contact-us.
Certain portions of the Website require that you register for an Account before being able to access them. On those portions of the Website that require registration, we collect information to create your account, as well as to determine specific content, products and services that will be of particular interest to you. By collecting and maintaining accurate information, we learn more about your interests and needs and are better able to provide you with such content and with offers for such products and services.
Use of Information Collected
We use the information we collect:
- to identify the parties with whom we are dealing and to provide customized information and offers of products and services, including to enable third party services to display customized content and advertising provided by us.
- to manage and communicate with you about your account with us.
- for the purposes of fulfilling orders for products or services placed by you.
- for statistical purposes.
- to provide information about our company such as newsletters or other communications, and to deliver advertising and promotional information from our partners and third party vendors.
- to improve our technologies including for the purpose of enhancing your experience on the Website
- to provide marketing messages, promotions, offers of products and services and other content which we think will be of specific interest to you, where you have consented (or not opted out, as applicable).
We store or transfer your credit/debit card data in order to more easily provide services to you. If such credit/debit card and other billing information is collected and/or stored, such credit/debit card and other billing information will be collected and transferred over a secure connection in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements, and is used only for processing underlying transactions.
Where you have consented (or not opted out, as applicable), we add your information to our databases to contact you through future emails, postal mailings and SMS text-messaging regarding site updates, upcoming events, new products and services and/or the status of orders placed online. We do not currently use geolocation for purposes of tracking your location when you use the Website, but we reserve the right to do so in the future in order to better target product and service offerings and other information to you.
When you sign up for an account with us, we will send you a welcome email. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide any services you request, to provide newsletters or other updates that you request and to manage your account. In addition, when you register an Account with us, you can consent to our contacting you by email and to receiving our email subscriptions, editorial emails and advertorial emails (see below) from us.
If, at any time, you no longer want us to contact you by email and/or receive our email subscriptions, editorial emails and advertorial emails, you can opt out of these functions by changing the preferences in your Account. You can contact customer service by email, telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below to assist you with any such changes to your Account.
If you have an Account with us, then from time to time, and in addition to emails or email subscriptions sent by us, we will send you emails that contain advertising or other content sponsored by third party retailers or businesses (“advertorial emails”). These advertorial emails are clearly marked as such in the subject line and a note at the top of the article itself.
Sharing of Information Collected with Third Parties
We reserve the right to rent or sell the information we collect from you to third parties.
We also share your information with certain third parties in other circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm and/or ensuring the security of our network and services.
We will share certain of your information with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling orders for products or services placed by you. We will share your credit/debit card data only with those directly involved in the processing of the underlying transaction, and who maintain appropriate security measures designed to safeguard such information.
We will also share certain of your information with third parties for the purposes of providing you with newsletters or other communications.
We will provide you with direct access to functionality from other third parties, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Spotify, advertising networks and others. The placement of social media widgets, or advertising units on the Website can permit these third parties to see information about you and your activities via cookies, web beacons and other technologies they place and/or access on your browser or device, even if you do not interact with them.
In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your personal information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information. We transfer your information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change in control.
We reserve the right to release information to law enforcement or other governmental officials as we, in our sole discretion, deem necessary to comply with applicable law.
Your choices and access to your personal information
Rights that you may have by law, depending on the country in which you live, include (subject to certain exceptions): a right to request access to your Personal Information and to be provided with a copy of certain information you provided in a portable form, as well as to seek to update or correct this information, or to have us delete this information. Details and options for accessing this information are listed below.
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Best Skin Properties have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect User information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Best Skin Properties regularly review our security and privacy practices and enhance them as necessary to help ensure the integrity of our systems and your Personal Information. We only partner with security companies that meet and commit to our security standards. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use reasonable efforts to prevent this.
It is also important for you to guard against unauthorized access to your Personal Information by maintaining strong passwords and protecting against the unauthorized use of your own computer or device.
Best Skin operates globally so it may be necessary from time to time to transfer your information internationally. In particular, a User’s information will likely be transferred to and processed in India where many of our central databases operate. The data protection and related laws of other countries, such as India, may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that we take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using the Best Skin Properties, you consent to your information being collected, used and transferred as set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Lastly, to the extent Best Skin is permitted to do so in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, we reserve the right to rent, sell or otherwise commercialize our Users’ data and registration information.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Best Skin reserves the right to make changes to the Privacy Statement at any time. If we plan to make material changes to any of our privacy policies or practices with respect to how we use Personal Information, we will provide prominent advance notice of any material changes to this Statement, such as posting a notice through any of our Best Skin Properties, or sending you an email, before they take effect so our Users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. Please review our Privacy Statement periodically to see recent changes.
Your continued use of any of ourBest Skin Properties after notice of changes means that you consent to the updated Privacy Statement.
Privacy and Security Concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices or your dealings with any Best Skin Properties, or if you wish to receive a printed version of this Privacy Statement, please contact us:
Best Skin may offer links to other Web sites. Please be aware that Best Skin is not responsible for the privacy practices of such linked sites, including sites of our partners. We encourage our Users to be aware of this when they leave any of the Best Skin Properties and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information.
None of the Best Skin Properties are directed at children, and Best Skin does not sell products or services for purchase by children. We may, however, sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under the age of 18, you may use the Best Skin Properties only with the involvement and authorization of a parent or guardian. Parents, please monitor your children’s use of the Internet.
Best Skin gives Users the ability to opt-out of receiving future communications. To opt-out of email communications, follow the “un-subscribe” links included at the bottom of email communications or send an email to bestskin.in/contact-us.
Use of “Do Not Track Signals”
In order to provide you with an optimal, personalized experience, Best Skin does not respond to pre-set web browser requests signaling a User’s request not to be tracked on the Web Site. Users may follow the opt-out instructions provided herein if they wish not to be tracked, however, Best Skin may not be able to provide the same services and offerings within the Best Skin Properties without tracking.18. Legal basis under EU General Data Protection Regulation for processing personal information of EU residents.
This section shall apply to any personal data collected byBest Skin Properties from EU residents to whom the GDPR applies.
Where you have consented to data processing, your consent provides the legal basis to process your Personal Information. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Please note that your withdrawal of consent to collect and process your Personal Information will not affect the lawfulness of processing your Personal Information based on your consent before you withdrew your consent.
We may also process your Personal Information on the basis of contractual necessity to perform a contract we have with you. For example, we process your credit card details when you provide them in order to use our Services or to buy our Services as a gift for a third party.
We may also process your Personal Information on the basis of our legitimate interests, including in providing and improving the Services. For example, Best Skin Properties have a legitimate interest in understanding your login history so we can assess your interaction with our Services. We also have a legitimate interest in providing and developing interesting features to provide to our users. We use your Personal Information to keep our Services safe and secure and we do so as it necessary to pursue your and our legitimate interests in ensuring that our Services are secure, and to protect against fraud, spam and abuse.